Thurston County residents have a variety of opportunities for participating in their Port, from communicating directly with their Commissioners, to volunteering, to enjoying the sites and views on the waterfront.
- Sign up to receive information about the Port of Olympia via email.
- Communicate with your Commissioners by email, phone or letter about your ideas for the Port. Attend Port Commission Meetings when a matter is of interest to you. Budget hearings typically occur in the fall of each year.
- Apply to serve on the Port of Olympia Citizens Advisory Committee. Vacancies are typically announced in May-June of most years.
- Invite a Port Speaker to meet with your group.
- Take a tour of the working waterfront as an individual or as a group.
- Enjoy Community Events promoted by the Port. Most events occur in late spring and summer.
- Enjoy the outdoor trails and plazas on Port property in downtown Olympia.
- Swantown Marina & Boatworks attracts boaters, kayakers, rowers and picnickers as well as walkers enjoying the trails and the scenery.
- Golfers can enjoy the driving range and proshop and ball players can swing away in the indoor batting cages at the Airport Golf and Batting Center located on Port property in Tumwater.
- Experience the Museums on Port properties: Olympic Flight Museum at the Olympia Regional Airport and Hands On Children’s Museum in the East Bay District.
- Shops and restaurants in the Market District attract residents and visitors year-round and the Farmers Market is an attraction during 9 months of the year.